Monday 23 May 2011

Chest Mimic #3 walk cycle

My blog has had to go on the back burner as I have been very busy recently. I managed to get a walk cycle done on the chest mimic the day after my last post but a lot has happened since then.

I've got some freelance work on at the moment which is going well. It's sprite work which I always wanted to try out. So I am still creating lots of art, just nothing I can post here. Hopefully I will be doing 20 characters.

Below is the walk cycle for the chest mimic. At some point I want to get a full animation set on it, with attack animations, a run and death animations. It will probably take me a while to get round to it as I will be busy for some time yet. The plan is to add it to Turbo Squid when it's finished.

 

2 comments:

  1. How long does it take to make a model like this? I'm a hobbyist game developer looking at getting into 3d and want to get an idea of the time investment I'd have to make. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It depends on who's making it, for me from scratch it would probably take 2 to 3 days minimum for a rigged version, animations on top of that will add more time depending on how many you need. Animation will normally take more time than the model.

    I would guess something like that model could easily take a couple of weeks or more if your not very experienced. If your new to 3d the main time investment will be in learning the basics. Skinning rigging and texturing are all very different skills, but you can't put a games character together without them.

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome, this is a dofollow blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...